Saturday, September 01, 2007

El No Posto!

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I'VE POSTED.

...This site cannot die. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!
:D

Haha.
Good.
So POST. :)

Anywho, I've been psyched about writing for a while, but couldn't pound it out for some reason - ask Anna, she knows I even found an amazing plot I loved, but I couldn't do it! At all!!
Sigh. It was horrible. HORRIBLE.

So today, I was once again cheating by looking in the NaNo forums.
And then, it occurs to me, "I'm cheating by looking in the NaNo for-.... HEY. CHEATING."
...Which leads me to a whole plot idea, currently entitled (ha, ha, wait for it...)
CHEATING'S FOR ANGELS.

Pre-Summary:
It's about this girl who works for the devil. She never chose to, nor does she want to, but because of something I (a) haven't thought of yet and (b) was important to her and (c) will be exposed closer to the end, she has to. She's twelve at the time of her damnation (though she informs him that she doesn't like the "D word", so it's actually "condemnation"), and he lets her do the easy stuff --- Try to get others to sin.
Well, five years go by, and the devil has slowly advanced her line of work to "heavier" sins, which involve a whole lot of fighting, accidental killings, and other such things, when he tells her that it's the time of do-or-die: She's got to kill Earth-bound angels, sent to Earth to help people out and do pretty much the opposing job that she has.
They, he tells her, are her enemies.
So she tries to kill one, and, to Satan's delight, succeeds, only because Simeon, another devilish-minion who's blinded by the devil's "illusions" about his life, cuts in to get the credit, which incidentally still ends up going to the girl (no name yet, sigh. I don't know what it's going to be, yet. Jezebel is a major possiblity, ha, ha.).
Simeon protests, and once again, the girl is sent out to kill an angel while Simeon is doing everything possible to make her fail.
This time, when she's out trying to find the angel, she accidentally meets him and starts to get to know him. When she finds out who he is, she tries to seperate herself and kill him, but can't, because she's reminded too much of her innocent self; the better person in her.

((((By the way, Luca = Lucifer in human form, the only way he can appear to people (explained later... Maybe. I hope?). He's gorgeous, and perfect in every way and form. He likes this form because it causes people to lust, which to his giddy joy, is a sin.))))

...Hence:


“You know what to do, so get out there and do it. No disappointments this time.”
I looked him straight in the face, right into his disgruntlingly blue eyes, and knew that I was going to have to die for the simple sin I was about to commit, if breaking a promise to the Devil himself was a transgression. The stupid logic surrounding my whole life was astounding, since most of it seemed to be teeming with double negatives.
But then again, when you work for one of two most popular places to retire to after you’re done with life...
“Luca,” I said, mentally reminding myself that the pretty-boy in front of me had every single person, including Victoria Beckham, beat in the vain, selfish, and potentially vicious categories, “you know I can do this. It’s been five years since I’ve had an accident – it was bound to happen.”
He frowned, his perfect forehead drawn down and his flawless eyebrows knitted together.
“Now see, that’s what I’m not sure about. You sit here and tell me that you can do something, and then I send you out there and you fail miserably, which, as you pointed out yourself, is the first time in five faultless years. There was nothing that said it was ‘bound to happen’, either.”
I sighed. He was always this petulant about things that shouldn’t even concern him, but this time, I was almost afraid he would look too deep into the matter. “I’m only human, Luca.”
He smirked. “I’m sure that’s how you wish it was, but I’m afraid you’re no ordinary human; you work for me, against all odds. You do my dirty work, plain and simple. Not many, including those who adore and worship anything they think I’m capable of, can do the many things you can.”
He grabbed my wrist and I winced, more in disgust than horror.
“You, my dear, are going to take six days on easy work. You’re going to keep an eye on some of the people Simeon can’t get to at the moment, and after those sixth days,” his voice grew menacing, and I could feel his cold breath against my neck, “you will try, once again, to kill him.”
He let go, and I fell backwards onto the sand.
“You’re mine,” he reminded me, “and though you have free will, I control every aspect of your life. You’re much better off than Simeon, who is paranoid in anger towards everyone because I make them look feirce, but if I must pull any illusions on you- reign you in tighter on your chain- I will.”
I fought back against the chills that exploded across my skin. “I know, and I haven’t failed yet.” I said, trying to sound strong and determined, but probably came across as weak and petrified. “I’ll kill him without looking back. I’ll prove you wrong yet.”
Lucifer laughed loudly, the thunderous roars rebounding off of the faraway mountains, resounding in my ears.
“Condemnment isn’t fun now, is it, darling?” he said in his Luca voice, and then prompty turned around on his heel and started walking away.
I laid back down in the Nevada sand, rocks digging painfully into my back and closed my eyes. When the many colors swept my conciousness away and the heat consumed my body, Lucifer’s signature sign that he was finished with me for now, I was ready. Ready to go back to semi-normality and take six days off – the first days off I’d ever taken from my eternal job in five years.


:D

I'm in love with it. It reminds me of someone comparing their boss to the devil.
What do you guys think?

Lovemuchogusto,
L.

8 comments:

Miss Katie said...

O.M.G. I LOVE IT!


AHHHHH!*pounces* I LOVE IT! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

WAY TO GO! lol

lylas,

Katie-bo-baity

AnnaRose said...

AWESOME TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!!! I really like it! I cant wait until I know enough so I understand whats happening! I do that all the time, just write a random scene in the middle of a story. :D

I wrote in the notebook, thanks to Katie for dropping it off. Anna was very impatient for me to finish so she could read it and write in it. :D
KrazyK

LiterallyLauren said...

HAHAH.
Thankyouallll. :)

I think, sometimes, that writing one scene gets you into it, ya know?

Hehehe.
Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

:D
w00t. Noteeeebooook!

L

AnnaRose said...

AH! It'S AMAZING. OF COURSE. AND WONDERFUL. AND BRILLIANT. AND AMAZINGGG!!!! :D

I already wrote in the notebook, hehe. Hopefully get it ready to send tomorrow, woot! Iloveitttt. :D
<3333

Annapants

LiterallyLauren said...

w00t, w00t!
Exxxciiiitting. :D

Can't wait!!

Miss Katie said...

I read it again and I love it!
Can you like swear to me that you won't give up on it? ROFL!


I love it!

Jessica Jeanne said...

I absolutly love it!

- Jessie

LiterallyLauren said...

Jessssiiiieee!

Haha, thankya muchly. :)