Seriously, it's been ages since I've posted. I've written nothing lately (at least nothing with a decent ending) so I've decided to post some of my first nano story, from 2005. I'm sorry if it's confusing but I didn't feel like going through and choosing something so I just picked a random spot... probably you just need to know that Maralyn's parents died, her uncle started a plan to get her to marry someone and then rule through her (she's a duchess) but that went wrong when she decided to marry this farm boy. (I know I know, but I was 10!) He couldn't stop her from marrying him so he got rid of the boy, Maralyn went back in time to get the help of two famous sorcererors and find her love but accidentally went too far back and they're only 13 and 14. But they're going to help her... and at this point she doesn't think her uncle is evil.
Chapter Ten
Maralyn’s uncle paced his work room, furious. Where had she gone? Why was his plan suddenly falling apart? After she had been supposed to go to where Nate was, he could have ruled in peace, Wait, he thought suddenly. She’s still gone. I can still rule with out her. Comforted a little by that, but not all the way, he set to work.
We had been walking all after noon when a thought hit me. Suddenly stopping, I said,
“There is only one person who knows where Nate went.”
“Who?” Genny asked eagerly, facing me.
My face growing grim, I said, “My uncle.”
That one realization proved to be very important. “He is the only one we can ask,” I said soon after I spoke my thought.
“Yes,” Essa said slowly. “But how are we going to get to him?” That was only one of our problems. All of our problems pretty much were linked to my spell mistake.
“If I had come back to the right time,” I said, “You could have helped my easily. And we could have gone easily to my uncle.” Frustrated, I was not watching where I was going. Flying through the air when my foot caught a root, I landed head first in a pile of moss. Essa and Genny watched in a kind of Amused horror as I got shakily up, spitting moss from my mouth. Laughing in spite of my self, the others soon joined in. In a moment we were rolling on the ground, laughing until tears came to our eyes. “That will teach me,” I said, sitting up to find my clothes stained green from the sudden descent.
“You should have seen your face,” Genny said, going off into another fit of giggles. Even Essa was laughing as much as we were. All most harder, even.
“Sorry if we are being rude,” She said in an uncontrollable fit of giggles.
“I started it, in more ways then one,” I said, as we all tried rather un successfully to stop laughing. As we all brushed off our clothing and sat up, I realized that a day ago, I never would have done that with them. Friendship grows fast, I thought as we started walking again. And I was right.
We were all stiff and sore by the time the sun started going down. Stretching and sighing, we made ready to go to sleep. Essa had brought several blankets, and we were glad of them as the night grew colder. As the stars shone Brighter and Brighter in the sky, I found it more and more hard to go to sleep. Content to simply lie and watch the stars glitter and wink, I thought of how I had never seen the stars this bright before. I haven't been this happy in a long while, I thought gazing up with admiring eyes. The stars were patterned in a huge and beautiful way, and they often made me feel small and un equal. But tonight they just made me feel inspired, and hope.
We all woke up early the next morning. Unaccustomed to sleeping on the ground, my whole body complained with every move I made. Essa was in the same state that I was in, but Genny seemed fine. I suspected she had spent countless nights outside.
“I didn't tell you this before,” Essa said quietly while Genny was packing, “But this is a supposedly haunted woods.” A shiver went up my back, and I said,
“Then why did we take this route?”
“Nobody would see us,” Essa said, “And it is the shortest way. I wish there was a road through it, but nobody has dared to cut any of the tree's." I was slightly disturbed by this news, but I pretended not to be. I am not sure how well I did of it, but I said carelessly,
"What is supposedly haunting it?"
"Anything you can imagine, or anything you can make up." She was whispering now, because Genny was coming toward us. She heard her talking any ways, and said,
"Oh, are you talking about that superstitious notion that this perfectly harmless woods is haunted?" It was at this moment that we heard the noise. At first I thought it to be a moan, but then as it grew louder I realized what it was. All of us froze, and I could feel the hair at the back of my neck raising in terror. “Oh," Genny said, laughing frighteningly, "There could possibly be some Ghosts in it though-," her sentence was cut off as she saw the ghost.
In a dress of blood red and a hat of bright blue feathers, she was frightening enough without the knowledge that she was a ghost. Her whole face was heavy with make up, and her mouth was wide open.
What we had heard a few minutes before was unmistakable now. Opera singing. Her loud voice rang through the air, and she did not even stop long enough to take a breath. We stared with fascination and horror, as she circled us slowly. Not even registering enough to run, we could faintly see the trees through her. As my racing heart beat slowed, I could at last understand what she was saying.
"Oh travelers from afar," she cried with heavy vibrato, "Tell me who you are," without giving us time to say a single word, she continued. "My story is tragic," she said, weeping, "Full of magic, and terror galore. You shall remember it, forever more," She went off into a section that I could not understand a word to, but it hurt my ears tremendously. As I risked a glance to where Genny and Essa was, I was surprised to see that Genny was angry. Her fists were clenched, and her face was red.
"Oh, be quiet!" she finally burst out. The ghost went on singing, but we could not hear it. As if let out from a trance, we all came to our senses and ran.
We had been running for a few moments when we stopped to catch our breath.
"Genny," Essa said, in amazement. "You just did magic!"
"Yes, well," Genny said, obviously just as amazed as Essa was, "I guess I did." I was grinning, and said,
"I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't done that."
"Lets not even think about it," Essa said quickly. "That was too close."
"For once I agree," Genny said, and we all nodded.
We were all a bit shaky after that. We jumped at every shadow in the trees, and did not remember we had not gotten the blankets until that night when we needed them.
""Bur," Essa said, rubbing her arms. "Its cold." It was early fall, and the nights grew cold fast. We simply laid on the thin carpet of leaves and tried to stay warm.
We had had a discussion in the morning about Genny's magic that resulted in Genny saying slowly,
"I think I can only do magic when I am angry and not thinking about it. I have been trying to do something during the whole day, and it just did not work." We left it at that, and continued on our way.
We were all just dropping off to sleep when Essa said sleepily, "Why am I so hot," she sat up, discovering six blankets on top of her. She yelled in surprise, and that sent us all running. "I did magic," she said, breathing hard.
"Well, just in time too. My toes were about to freeze off," Genny said, grabbing two blankets. I was astonished, but extremely glad.
"I sure am glad we decided to go on this journey," Essa said, smiling hugely. "Maybe what you said about being two sorceresses was right." I was still grinning as I laid back down, and finally went to sleep.
Chapter Eleven
We were very glad the next morning when no Opera Singing ghosts turned up to sing us to death. Our whole morning was very uneventful until we started looking for a place to eat lunch in. As we broke through the trees, we came upon a huge lake. In the center of it a piece of land jutted up, all bare rock. Two bridges stretched out from either side of the rock, somehow attached to the ground we were standing on. The bridge was pure marble, and it looked treacherously slippery.
The whole atmosphere of the lake and bridges was very strange, for as we stood looking at it, a fog rolled in and obscured our vision. The lake was so huge that we could see no way around it, so we silently decided to venture forth on the now invisible bridge.
I have a bad feeling about this, I thought as we neared the bridge. Nobody said anything, but I could tell Essa and even Genny were thinking the same thing too. We suddenly splashed in to the water, and as if just realizing we were there, tons of tiny lights lit up on the sides of the bridge. Like a lighted road it looked like, and I set my foot carefully on the white marble. It did not have any supports underneath it, but stayed firm as I took my first step. Following close behind, we three huddled together for comfort as much as for warmth.
With the arrival of the fog came the disappearance of the sun, and a icy wind blew sharply, making it terribly cold. Using the blankets for cloaks, we made our way to the middle of the bridge. At that point I stopped, uncertain whether to go on or not.
Through out the walk I had had a growing feeling of dismay, and fear more strong then I had ever felt before. Obviously Genny and Essa were feeling the same, for they stayed as close as they possibly could. Then I realized what was so wrong about this place. The silence. Ever since we stepped into this clearing we had not spoken a word, heard a birds call, and the constant wind made no sound.
Suddenly I noticed the wide path of marble under my feet growing wider. From the ground direction coming towards us, was an ever widening crack. We were just a few feet ahead of it, and I knew we could only go one way.
“Run!” I cried. The loudness of my voice seemed to break a spell, and suddenly I was falling, falling, into the white depths of the fog.
I woke up in a haze. My eyes were blurry, and I felt wet and clammy all over. Suddenly remembering the previous happenings, I sat up wildly, to find my self on the bare rock in the middle of the lake. Essa and Genny were beside me, as thoroughly soaked as I was. I groaned, and laid back down again. The bridge must have been an enchantment, I thought hazily. But, I thought, my eyes flying open again, Who had gotten us all out of the water? That question puzzled me until I fell into a restless sleep.
“Wake up,” Essa’s voice woke me out of my troubled dreams about fog and bridges and mysterious rescuers. As I became thoroughly awake, I thought that all I remembered must have just been a dream, but As Essa’s wet face came into focus, I knew it was not. I groaned, and said,
“How long have I been asleep?”
“Two hours, after I woke up,” Essa said, helping me sit up.
“Where is Genny?” I asked, the familiar lake coming into focus.
“I’m behind you,” Genny’s usual loud voice said, and I turned around to find her sitting cross legged behind me. “Do you know who rescued us?” she asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.
“No,” I said, putting a hand to my fore head. “Do you know how we are going to get off this island?” I asked, facing the most immediate problem first.
“Well,” Essa said, folding her hand nervously, “Genny and I have been working while you were asleep.” Her eyes grew distant, and she said, “There is a bridge behind me.” She moved aside, and, there, was a bridge. It was rather run down, but I thought it could hold us. I smiled, and said,
“Your good already, Essa.”
“Genny helped lots too,” Essa said modestly. I put a foot on the bridge, and we set off on a much more comfortable bridge crossing then the last.
When we finally got to the other side, I looked back to where the bridge was— and it was not there. Genny and Essa sat down heavily, and I looked down at them questioningly.
“That was hard to keep your belief so long,” Genny said, looking up. Essa just reserved her breath for breathing.
“What do you mean?” I asked, completely confused. Now Essa spoke, saying,
“That bridge was just imaginary. We just helped you believe it was there.” I smiled, understanding now.
“Well,” I said, sitting down next to them, “Then you definitely deserve a rest.”
Chapter Twelve
We had been having adventures nonstop since we entered the forest, and we were about to have more. Everybody was weary from our dangerous experience, and the night was coming on fast, so we just went to bed then and there.
Essa was so tired from doing her bridge magic that she could not make any more blankets. Soaked to the bone and shivering non-stoppingly, it was rather hard to get to sleep. As I finally dropped off to sleep, I thought that even if I did not find Nate, I would still remember this journey for as long as I lived.
The next morning was bleak and cold. The sun struggled to escape from the heavy gray clouds that guarded it from our sight, but they did not relent. As we walked through the thick trees, the leaves fell looking like color full rain. They pattered us on the head, and at last we grew tired of continually brushing them off, and let them carpet us as they liked.
In the middle of the afternoon we abruptly came to a squat little castle sitting in a pleasant clearing. A little wary and a lot surprised, we circled around it to see if anything inhabited it. Finding nothing unusual, we were none the less curious. Genny strode boldly up to the front door, and knocked loudly.
All was silent for a few minutes until the castle began to change. Only small things at first, but as the things grew larger it was obvious what it was. The little hairs at the back of my neck lifted, and I was very frightened. The arrow slits in the walls grew into lots of little eyes, and it reared up on roots protruding from the castle itself. As the monster towered over us, the mouth that we had thought a door opened, and the last thing I saw was blackness.
I woke to find myself lying on hard cold stone floor. Next to me Genny and Essa were just waking up, and I saw the confusion in their eyes that I was sure was in mine too. I looked around me, discovering a gray stone wall in one direction and a narrow hallway in the other. My eyes were fuzzy, and I squeezed them shut several times before I could see straight. Memories of the castle-monster flooded back, and I said while attempting to sit up,
“Are we inside the monster?”
“It looks that way,” Genny said, looking around her with awe. “It must be a monster on the out side and a castle on the in side,” she speculated thoughtfully.
We got up and started walking down the hallway, to find a little door we went in. As we explored the castle, we found grand room after room, gold stair cases, and rich furnishings. But in the whole castle, we found not one single person.
As the hallways and stair cases twisted, we found ourselves going up a huge flight of spiraling stairs. It stopped at last in a tower room, which we went into eagerly. There was a window in it, and I wanted to see what was out side this strange place.
What I found out side the castle was rolling green hills, a sweet little village, and a flash of blue in the distance. It was very picturesque, and not what I would have expected to be out side an enchanted castle- monster.
Genny and Essa joined me at the window, and we were still there when a rumbling voice startled us.
“I am sorry for eating you,” It said in a low bass voice, “But this is the only way I can speak to you.” I froze, looking around the room to see where the voice was coming from. “I am a simple yrewetma,” it said, the sound echoing from all directions around me, “But five hundred years ago, while I was simply eating some flowers, a sorcerer showed up.” It said sorcerer like it tasted bad, and then continued. “With out any warning he turned me into a castle, and set me into this haunted wood, for no apparent reason. Whenever I see anybody, I must tell them my story, and if they feel compelled to help me, I will be set free.” There was a pause, and I felt that an answer was needed.
“What should we do?” I asked, shouting in case he could not hear me.
“That is all I need,” The voice said, and suddenly I found My self lying on a field of grass, staring up at the sky.
Chapter Thirteen
“That was quite strange,” Essa said as we got up.
“You could say that again,” Genny said, laughing with relief.
I remained quiet. There was some thing about the Monster we had encountered that had Jogged my memory, but I could not remember what it was. Shaking my head, I put it out of my mind. Maybe I will remember it later, I thought.
“We must have spent a lot of time exploring that castle,” Essa said thought fully. “It is all most dark.” Looking up, I was surprised to see the constant gray clouds growing blacker, and shadows falling every where.
“Lets stay here for the night,” I suggested. Laying down on the bare grass, I drifted in to the strange world of my dreams.
I woke up before the lake. Genny and Essa were not with me, and I looked around franticly, very afraid.
On the bare rock was the castle, and some how I knew I must go in it. The bridge stayed whole as I ventured down it, but that did not ease my fright.
As I was about to reach for the castles door handle, it started to change. I stumbled back wards in fright, but it did not turn into a monster. A huge white bird was its form, and I silently climbed on its back.
It wheeled and dived above the haunted forest, and I searched endlessly. In the haunted forest every single Ghost and Monster stood watching us soar in the night sky. In every single one of them I saw what I was looking for, and was afraid.
I woke up from my dream panting. My head cleared, and I saw Essa sitting in front of me.
“You had a bad dream,” She said soothingly. I sank back on to the grass and closed my eyes. I did not under stand it, for back in my time I never used to remember my dreams. Except for this night, I thought wearily. “We should get going,” Essa said, standing up. “We all slept late.” Groggily getting to my feet, We started going again.
Maralyns uncle was having a little bit of trouble. Sure, the ruling was going fine, but Maralyns old suitors were asking why the things that they had planned were not happening. He could handle them fine, but he had the slight suspicion that he was going crazy.
Every day, never at the same time, he would absent mindedly glance up from his work table. And there, would be Maralyn. She was wavery and see through, but she could be mistaken for no other.
The only words she would ever say as he blinked and squeezed his eyes in disbelief were, ‘Goodness always over rules evil.’
He was continually disturbed by this, and never could get a good nights rest. What is going on? He thought to himself all most every moment of the day. Becoming perinoied and jumpy, she was doing much more harm away then there where he could keep an eye on her.
I had a dream every night after that one. My first one was where I was, but all the others were in the Gyona fortress. It was very life like, and my uncle was all ways in it. One night when I woke up yet again from a another bad dream, I decided to tell it to Genny and Essa.
The stars were especially bright that night, and we had to start a little fire to keep warm. We were huddled close together, and I was watching the flames dance and spin. Finally I spoke.
“Every night I seem to wake up in the Gyona fortress,” I said, watching the glowing embers. “Every night it is a little different, but means the same thing. My uncle is always in the room I am in, but he is not the uncle I know. Last night he was talking with my two old suitors. By their conversation I gathered that they were in the pay of him, and if I had married one of them he would have ruled through them.” I looked in to Genny’s eyes, wanting what these dreams were hinting at not to be true. “Another one was him getting two spells ready. Black Sorcerer spells. In each dream I have only been able to say these words. ‘Goodness always over rules evil.’ Over and over again I say them, and he seems to hear me. I do not know what to think of this dream-”
“But I think you do,” Essa said slowly.
I thought about what Essa had said the whole day. As we trudged endlessly through the haunted forest, I was too confused to think any longer. As we bedded down for the night, I put it out of my mind. But that did not stop me from dreaming the same old dream again.
My uncle seemed nervous this night, looking around him every so often as he read his books. I walked over to where he was, and looked in his book. Again, it was Black Sorcery. I began looking through his book case of magic books. Right next to the Properties of traveling back in time, there was another Black Magic book.
To think! I thought. If I had just pulled out that one, I would have known long before. As I had the plain evidence before my very eyes, I had to agree with what Essa had said.
My kind, helping, truth full uncle was a fraud. As a Black Sorcerer, it had been very easy for him to get rid of Nate, who like he had said did not know a thing about magic. Tears pricked at my eyes, but I blinked them back fiercely. If my uncle saw me, I would not give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Turning around angrily, I stared at my uncle with a fierce glare until he turned around presumedly to get a book. My mouth formed the words I wanted to say, but they would not come. My uncle was obviously scared, and was getting up to run. As he left the room I shouted at him the only words that came easily.
“Goodness always over rules evil!” At last, the words now made sense, and I woke up still shouting them.
After that last meeting with Maralyn, her uncle had made a decision. No matter about ruling, he was coming after her. Studying his books night and day, he made a elaborate spell to find where someone was, be it in or off the world.
At last, the spell was ready. He put it in motion, and waited impatiently. The basin of water he was using as a seeing stone shimmered, reflecting the light of his room, making it look like gold. The water rippled, making it not able to see into. The ripples grew larger, and a little wave splashed at his face.
He frowned, certain that something was going wrong.
Essa and Genny had just went to bed when they both started feeling the Current. It was small at first, and they did not notice the feeling for a while. As they were drifting off to sleep, the strange feeling kept them awake.
To Essa it felt like the air was rippling, sending little waves in all directions. If this was water, she thought, frowning a little, Something powerful would be moving fast.
Genny was having thoughts like these, but on a slightly different angle. Since she had a worse temper then her sister, she could feel strong things better. This is too much like some thing is searching, she thought, intent on the odd thing. Something like—
At the same moment both of their eyes flew open, staring into the other. There had been a jerk in the flow, and for a moment they had been sure it had touched something- evil.
They jumped up, rolling over Maralyn. “What?” She said, still half asleep. Essa was helping Maralyn groggily to her feet, and Genny said explaining,
“Its your uncle Maralyn. He’s found you.”
Chapter Fourteen
Maralyns uncle had expected her to be hidden some where clever, but never this clever. Going two hundred years back in time! He thought in amazement. I wonder what she thinks she is doing.
Maralyns uncle had never been good on history, so he did not remember the lesson about Estelle and Genevieve Kolimna. Still puzzled, he got his things together and said another spell. The air swooshed and spun, and as he was transported over time and land, he thought confidently,
She will never stand a chance against me.
We raced through the forest, not certain where to go. “How do you know?” I panted, very curious.
“We just felt it,” Essa replied, stopping to catch her breath.
“We need to make a plan,” Genny said firmly. “If he is as power full a Black Sorcerer as Maralyn says, no matter how far we run, he will be able to find us.”
“That is right,” I said wearily. “Are you two strong enough to fight him?”
“I think we would be if we had more experience,” Essa said, frowning.
“Well,” I said smiling half heartidly, “This is your chance to get all the experience you want.”
The ground rumbled, and at first I thought it was my uncle. I froze, looking around wildly. I was slightly relieved when it simply began to thunder and lightening, and soak us to the bone when it began to pour. This did not help my spirits at all, and I felt very down hearted.
“Cheer up,” Genny said, putting a hand on my shoulder. “I have an idea.”
Though Genny thought of the spell, it was Essa who said it.
“You just sound better,” Genny explained. “Now hurry up and say it.”
“Here goes,” Was Essa’s reply. The rain drops falling around us turned rain- bow colors, and suddenly we disappeared.
Maralyns uncle appeared with a whirl in the Haunted forest where he had detected them. I wonder how she knew? He thought, while looking for them. He did a simpler detecting spell, and was thoroughly puzzled when it came back with nothing to report. Frowning, he started walking. In the space of two minutes he had searched the whole of the Haunted Forest, foot by foot, and they were simply not there.
We appeared in the clearing where I had met Nate in. Sighing with relief, I thanked Genny and Essa by hugging them.
“We had better get going,” Essa said, setting off for the Gyona fortress. In no time at all it seemed, we were there. It was strangely quiet, and not a soul did we see. Coming at last to my uncles work room, I walked toward the door expecting it to open for me like last time.
Surprisingly, it stayed close, and would not open when I tried the handle. “Let me,” Essa said, coming up behind me. She tried the handle, then said a spell. When that did nothing, she tried spell after spell. Growing frustrated, she said, “There must be some kind of spell over it that only he can break.” I grew panicked, for if that was true, How would we get in?
“I’ll try,” Genny said walking toward the door. She took hold of the handle, and yanked. As the door Opened fine, Genny said smiling, “Must have just been stuck.”
We walked calmly in, and Essa went immediately to the book case. Genny poked around in my Uncles many magical objects, and I tipped over the bowl of water so that he could not link back to this one and see where we were. Essa picked out several books that did not look too black, and started reading them.
“Do you think he will find us here?” I asked, interrupting Essa with a tap.
“With the help of these books Genny and I can set up a defense spell if you want,” Essa said, not really answering my question. “It would keep him out for longer, but also help him know we are here.”
“Yes,” I said, “But do you think he will figure out where we are?”
“Yes,” Essa said, looking up seriously, “I think he will figure that out very soon indeed.”
Because of What Essa said we decided not to stay in the castle that night, but instead to go deep in the woods. Genny and Essa set up a defense spell that would hopefully not be too noticeable, and we settled down for a sleepless night.
I lay on my back and watched the stars come out one by one, and thought of things that might come.
“Genny,” I said, rolling over to face her, “Since you were born two hundred years before now, how is it possible that you are here now? I mean, should not you just be dust, or some thing, since you died so long ago?”
“Maralyn,” Genny said sleepily, “There are some things that you should not even think about.”
I laughed, and said, “How come?”
“Because this is a backwards world,” Was her only answer. I laughed again, and was about to speak again when I was stopped by loud snores coming from the dark hump that was my friend.
Chapter Fifteen
We made our plans as the sun rose in the morning sky. My uncle had not arrived, and that lifted my spirits.
“I do not think we should just run away every time he shows up,” I said, while flipping through the magic books Essa had picked out.
“What else can we do?” Essa asked, sitting down and sighing.
“Confront him face to face,” I said, “Though the last time I did that it turned out awful,” I ended up mumbling.
“Hey, people,” Genny said. She was messing around with the magical objects she had found in My uncles work room, and I wondered what she had gotten her self into. “Um,” she said. Her back was turned to us, so we could not see what she was holding. “I just found a list of what your uncle has been doing while you were gone, maralyn.” She said, turning around. I went quickly over to her, and said,
“Well? What has he been doing?” As I grew nearer her, I saw that her face was streaked with tears. She was crying!
“The animals know things,” she gulped. “They can talk, and speak, and understand humans. They knew about your uncle.” she had to wait a minute before she could speak again. “Your uncle has been getting rid of the animals.”
I stared, aghast. “The forest creatures?” I asked, now understanding the odd silence we had encountered ever since we came in to this place. She nodded, and I sat back on my heels. “He is even worse then I thought,” I said.
“We have to help them,” She said. She was getting under control again, and very firm. “We can not just leave them where ever they are,” she said.
“That is fine with me,” I said. “But what about Essa?” The whole while Essa had been silent, and I wondered what she was thinking.
“Yes,” She said at last. “Lets get moving.”
After that we were swift and silent. We went in to the gyona fortress by a back door, and hurried down into my uncles work room. That whole morning we looked for some clue, to the where abouts of the animals. We were frustrated and tired by the end of the day, with nothing to show for it.
“We have to go about this another way,” Essa said, putting her hands on her hips. We waited expectantly, and she said, “Genny. Where would you hide a bunch of animals?”
“Some where no one but me would find them,” Genny said with out a hesitation.
“Exactly,” Essa said. “Some where like-” Her eyes lit up, and she said, “Genny, do you know a revealing spell?” Genny lugged over a huge dusty old book she had been looking in, and said,
“Here is one,” together they chanted the spell, and suddenly the air shimmered and a huge cage appeared in the corner of the room. Crammed in to it was every kind of forest animal you could possibly imagine.
Genny was running toward it when the air shimmered again. They both stopped stock still, and I could tell they had felt some thing. With silent agreement, Genny hurriedly said the spell again, and then a white swirly mist filled the room.
When the mist cleared, we could not see any thing for a few minutes. Only hear things. My uncle was laughing, his terrible, evil laugh. When we could see, he was standing there, his head thrown back in insane laughter.
“You know, maralyn,” He said when he finished. “I have never really liked you. Ever since you were a baby, you pretended you were older then everybody else. And even now, with these two children,” He waved an indifferent hand at Genny and Essa, “You pretend you can storm the castle all on your own. I’m sorry, but life does not work like that.”
He made a sorrowful face that made My in sides burst and bubble with anger, but I tried to calm it down.
“I know your secrets,” I said through my teeth. “You can not fool me any longer. And I have allies. If you try to do any thing, they will come after you.” I was stretching the part about Essa and Genny and the animals a little, but it sounded good.
“Oh, dear Maralyn,” He said sarcastically. “Your problem is that you never grew up. You are still a little baby. A cry baby in fact.”
I could see that Genny was about to explode, and tried to calm her (and my self) by saying, “See what a great talker he is. Always a talker, and never a doer.” I could see that he was angry now, and waited.
“I will show you,” He yelled, and raised his arm. When it came crashing down again, we suddenly found our self's in the gyona dungeons. We collapsed against each other, thankful to at least be alive.
Lalalala that's all for now!
Kelia
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I hate you.
I hate you because that sounds like something I'd write now. Except yours was long and gorgeous and had more detail than mine.
Hahaha.
I LOVE IT!
You have the most sparkling imagination - and really, that wasn't a horrible plotline. :)
(At ten, I had no clue what vibrato was. Hahaha.)
HAHAHA you make me laugh.... and laugh.... I can't get my head around it... you think that's as good as something you'd write?????!!!!! ROFL
And yeah, the plot was horrible. After like fifty pages it kind of disapeared, they went on this whole nother adventure... it was messy... I never finished it. But it'd be fun to go back and read the whole thing.
LOVEYA
Kelia
Kelia, my dear, I love it. Love it. Love it. I love it.
Your imagination is bright and vivid! (Where do you get off saying it was a horrible plotline??!!)
Maybe it needed some tweeking but....horrible? Nay. Never.
*I* personally liked it. (AND NOTHING YOU SAY CAN EVER MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND! NOTHING I SAY!!! ((unless it's chocolate fudge brownies *grins*)))
Seriously tho, your old writing is like 283793449758456843 times better than mine. lol. By far. I was reading the begining of LOA (which needs to be majorly reconstructed) and I nearly died.
It was HORRIBLE.
My Gawd.
My NaNoWriMo SP would be ashamed at the site of it.
Needless to say, I think you get my point. =)
Iloveyougirly♥♥♥♥
Aww, thanks. And it was pretty good for having a horrible plot (It. Did. My. Plot. Died. Half. Way. Through. And. I. Never. Found. It. Again.) but they had lots of cool awesome adventures on the way, I admit. But I won't try to make you change your mind... if you want to be deluded you can be...
LOL just kidding it wasn't that horrible. Just like I'm sure the beginning of LOA isn't horrible! Nothing you write could ever be horrible.
Aaand just to prove my point, that isn't particularly old writing of mine, you should see my Adventures of Eight Friends stories. Ugh. THOSE were horrible.
I'm a little surprised at how much I used the word horrible in this comment....
LOVE
Kelia
Post a Comment