Her hair was so frizzy she felt like screaming. Glaring at the mirror,
Shar attacked it with the brush. “Stay down,” she hissed at the hairs
that stuck up all over her head. Briefly she considered using her older
sisters hairspray, but quickly shook the thought aside. The smell was
unbearable and even hairspray probably wouldn’t tame her hair. Sighing,
Shar stuck in a headband to push down some of the frizz and grabbing her
lap top walked out the door.
Spring in Phoenix was already hot. The sun beat down strongly as Shar
walked down the street to the corner café, smiling at the perfect weather.
“Morning, Sharlotte,” The waiter Betty greeted her as she walked in.
“Apple donut for you?”
“Yes please,” Shar sat down at the window and opened her lap top to her
email. She’d been coming here every morning for a year now, to get the
best donuts in Portland and do some writing before work.
Before Shar could start reading her email, something outside the window
caught her eye. Four young people were running down the sidewalk,
barreling past the lazy stream of people. They were all incredibly
beautiful and had a range of emotions from worried to agonized to
steaming mad. But what really made her gasp was the girl, the girl who
looked exactly like the picture on Shar’s screen.
Glancing quickly down Shar shook her head in confusion. The picture was
black and white, clearly old, so they couldn’t be the same person. ‘Must
be a coincidence,’ Shar told herself but at the same time she knew the
resemblance was too much to ignore. The black hair, the tiny body, the
intent gaze, was all the same as the picture. Only her face was
different, the girls face outside had been deathly pale and unbelievably
perfect, the one in the picture was rounder and more childlike. Shar
quickly pushed the matter to the back of her brain as the four flew past
and read the email.
“I’ve been going through some old files,” it read, from Shar‘s older
sister. “Something Grandma said a while ago has been bothering me. Don’t
tell mum, she doesn’t know. But guess what I found? Its pretty sad, no
wonder its never been mentioned to us. Mum had a sister. A good deal
older than her. She was mentally unstable, Grandma and Grandpa decided
to put her in an asylum. She died there. This is a picture of her.”
Kate, it was signed, leaving Shar reeling in shock. They had had an
aunt? A mentally unstable aunt who died in an asylum? Her eyes were
drawn back to the picture, and she stared at the serious girl who looked
only sixteen. This finding of Kate’s raised many more questions than
Kate knew, after Shar had seen the girl run by. Had Shar’s aunt had a
daughter? That was the only explanation Shar could think at the moment.
Disgruntled, Shar closed the lap top and picked up the uneaten donut.
“Have a good morning,” Betty called as Shar left the café. She waved a
hand in thanks and walked to work.
Shar was preoccupied the whole day, nearly dropping a plate several
times and once having to take an order twice because she forgot to write
it down. Begging an early leave she escaped at last at nine, breathing
in relief as she sank onto the couch. But then she didn’t know what to
do. She was in no mood for watching TV and her inventiveness was all
used up so she couldn’t possibly write. She wanted to call Kate to tell
her all about it, but Shar was afraid that since Kate hadn’t seen the
girl she would just assume they looked alike instead of looking the same.
Finally Shar grabbed a book and started reading, but after five minutes
she had no idea what she’d just read. She sighed and gave up, going to
bed and falling quickly asleep.
A huge crash in the middle of the night jerked Shar awake. Disoriented,
she stumbled out of bed and towards the window, gasping at the scene
below. The big window at the entrance to the hotel next door was
shattered, glass all over the parking lot. And standing among the glass,
looking not at all hurt and in fact exhilarated, was the girl Shar had
seen running by that morning.
“That’s good,” a man spoke in the parking lot, one of the running men too.
“Just a little more,” The girl spoke mischievously. Shar watched in
horror as she jumped inside the building again and ran through what was
left of the window.
“Come on, Alice,” the man laughed and they disappeared into the darkness.
Shar sank onto the bed, breathing fast from the shock of it. The girl
had gotten no cuts, hadn’t even looked scratched. ‘How can that be?’
Shar wondered to herself. ‘And why did she do it?’ As she slid into a
dazed sleep, Shar was certain of two things-- there were more mysteries
there than simply concerned her dead aunt-- and she was going to find
out what they were.
Now for my embaressing story, since everyone else has been posting theirs. This isnt my oldest story, but its the first chapter to a truly horrible story I started and thankfully never finished. Notice, no " thingies at all!
Chapter one
Martha woke up and remebered it was her eighth birthday! Martha hoppned out of bed. The cold wood floor stung her bare feet. She quickly splashed her face with water and got dressed. Hello birthday girl. Her grandmother greeted her. Hello grandma Martha replied. I have a present for you. Grandmother said. (Martha was staying with her grandparents for a whole week!) Grandmother handed her a small pacage wraped in white paper. It was round and flat at the end. Martha opened it. It was a scroll. It is a very ainchient book. Grandmother said. Thank you grandma. Martha said and hugged her. Right then grandfather came in from chopping wood. Well, here your present is. he said and handed her a little wood doll. Thank you grandpa. Marth said and hugged him.
Sooooooo boring! :D
Kelia




5 comments:
AHAHAHA!
I LOVE IT!!!
The Shar thing was AMAZING, okay!? And ALICE! :D I love that you got her down to the dot!
And aaaawwww, I love your embarassing story! It's adorable!
...And it also reminds me that I need to send a pacage to Anna. :P
LOVE,
L.
LOL I probably just got Alice down to the dot because I just read it so I practically copied the description. But thanks. :D
And adorable? *snorts loudly*
Ahaahahaha! IT'S AWESOME KELIA!!!!
The Shar thing was SO awesome!!!! And omg ALICE!!! It SO pays to have JUST read something and then write something. AHHH!*huggles* I love you EVEN more (is that possible?) than I did before!!!
Awww you're embarrassing story WAS adorable. I think we should have 'embarrassing' stuff more often. Cause....I have quite a few and I'd like to have some witness if people are ever going through my old junk and want to know what state of mind I was in when I wrote it :P ya know, stuff like that ;) .
*huggles* I'M SO HAPPY YOU POSTED!!*is SO happy*
You totally made my day :D
Loveyougirlyxamillion!!!
Love,
Katie-bo-baity
Wow. I have to say, I'm impressed.
And kind of mad you JUST read the books and yet got around to a fan fiction before me. *sigho*
;)
Awesome job!!!!
And really, your embaressing story wasn't THAT bad! Cute, really. :P I shall have to dig up some of my old stuff too, cuz like Katie I think we totally need to show case all that amazing stuff. Just, you know, to make ourselves feel better about our writing now. :P
*wonders why Kelia's embarassing story reminded L of her package...*
*pretends she isn't thinking about presents...*
YEAH. Anywhom. :)
Loveyouall!
Annapants
Dang straight, Anna. Dang straight.
Post a Comment