SOOOO, I have this thought. What if we were to make a literary magazine, compiling our works that we've put together for this site? We could make it to give to relatives, friends, etc. Or we could even use it to get more people interested in Writing Rants.
What I was thinking, was that we could have a section for on-going stories. I could do my NaNoWriMo story for that, and then other people (Lauren, Katie, Kelia) could decide what they wanted to put in, I know you all have stories that are long enough. I would also like to put in some shorter, complete stories, so we could all dig around to find some. We could also have a section that would be like 'Fun Stuff,' and for this issue we could have it be our most embarrassing stories. I'm sure people would get a kick out of reading our bad stuff from when we were little, and then our awesome stuff from now-a-days. ;)
But then again, that might be HORRIBLY embarrassing.
Okay, so here's some questions we would need to answer.
Would we want poetry in it? (I know Kelia writes it, I don't know about the rest of you guys.)
What would we want other than stories? (i.e., book reviews, movie reviews,favorite memories,our opinions on certain things, writing tips,etc.)
Would we only use our writings, or could we put in other peoples stuff too? (Like, if we decided to do poetry, I could put in some of my Dads poems, since he has millions, or we could choose poems or short stories by famous people to put in, if we wanted.)
How often would we do this? (Once a year, once every three months, two months, one month, etc. etc.)
The idea behind this was that I noticed how there aren't very many magazines out there with stories written by kids, that cover a wide area of genres. Like, a lot of the teen writing magazines I've read, have had mostly modern issues stuff, you know what I mean? Like, HELLO, where's the fantasy???
So I thought it would be cool if we could make one that covered a wide area of genres, which I know our writing does. So what do you all think? Could we do it?
Anna
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
(This is the third time I'm typing this comment. The first, it was long. The second, medium length. This one... Well...)
YES! TO EVERYTHING!
I'm in, no matter what we decide to do, though I think everything you were talking about sounds FANTASTIC!
Of COURSE we can pull it off!
Ugh. I know. Other Lit Mags have the usual stuff... True-and-sad story here, interview there... Where's the FUN!?
Anywho.
I agree? :P
Lauren
I agree - The research may be just a little hard to do for every issue. But we could switch out sections, every issue, so that one time we'd have a Research section, and the next we'd have some other one that we can't do every time... Kind of like the book report thing, or the random article. :)
Lol, is that even understandable?
L
I think this all sounds wicked cool!
@ Lauren-I understand what you were saying, sounds interesting. I like it. Though I'm game for pretty much evrything everyones said :)
-Katie
Post a Comment